Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is that me...


Image editing can be a fun thing but, at the same time it can be damaging if left in the wrong hands. With programs like photoshop, it can ruin someones career or reputation. With photshop you can literally place someone in a photo that was not originally in the photo. So, if they place you in an incriminating photo...it's safe to assume that can cause a lot of trouble. You can see all of the evils with photoshop in ads. Celebrities can appear shades lighter or darker, they can appear like they have the smallest waist in the world, or they can even have one leg or arm! How can anyone miss something like or think it is believable?!! But...I am not trying to bash image editing totally. It can be fun and it can be very helpful when you are trying to print out pictures. For instance, you can remove blemishes, red eyes, people for that matter. You can enhance the photos and add make-up to people in the pictures. I would like to believe that most people use image editing for the great good...like me! lol! We all know that we always have our "Dr. Evil" out there causing ruckus though. To conclude, I love image editing and I use it often. I have a lot of fun with it and I think you will too.

Here is a great site that has a lot of image editing tools for free...you can choose to upgrade with a small price, but the free version works wonders...www.picnik.com

4 comments:

  1. This is a very amusing post and also a very true one. I imagine that a lot of bad things can happen if one's photo were to end up in the wrong hands. I guess that's why a lot of celebrities truly hate the paparazzi, for their ability to photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point about reputations. It's unfortunate that educators have to worry about such technology violations as there are wonderful possibilities.

    By the way, love the picture. Way to have a good sense of humor!

    Julie Simonsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely provacative! My friend had is daughter cut and paste my face on the body of the White House's chief technology officer and post it to FaceBook. It got my attention and a few laughs.

    I count ten well done posts. Thanks for the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany,
    You do not favor yourself, but you are cute anyway. I’m smiling from ear to ear viewing you photo. I have to agree with you about photo editing. People can do just about anything they want to when it comes to computers. This is not photo editing, but I have to share this story with you. I actually had the opportunity to watch a young lady take someone else’s’ diploma, and make one for herself. I could not believe my eyes. She did this in order to obtain a employment with a company who actually check these things out. Needless to say, she got caught. One question, Can you make me look like Hallie Berry? LOL

    ReplyDelete